Life can have a big impact on our bodies and we grow more imbalanced in the course of daily living. Being right or left-handed, sitting for long periods, carrying shoulder bags and children on one shoulder or hip, swinging a golf club or tennis racquet, cyclists hunched over handlebars etc. These habits cause us to consistently overuse some muscles and underuse others causing pain, injury and poor posture, affecting our longer term health and mobility.
Pilates is a great antidote to this, restoring natural muscle balance and allowing the body to function efficiently.
The many benefits include:
- Improves general fitness
- Increases lung capacity & circulation
- Strengthens, lengthens & tones muscles
- Enhances flexibility & mobility
- Strengthens deep postural muscles
- Corrects body alignment & posture
- Increases body awareness
- Improves balance & coordination
- Provides relief from aches & pains
- Pre & post-natal conditioning
- Low impact on joints
- Helps prevent injuries
- Relieves tension & stress
Everyone can benefit from Pilates regardless of fitness skill, age or injury.